It is the end of another exceptional year for Challenge to Change and we are celebrating our growth and impact with you!
As the year comes to an end, I would like to personally thank our friends, supporters, and staff for enabling us to help women be the best version of themselves and to contribute to a better society. As a result of your support, we were able to bring the transformational Challenge to Change experience to a growing number of women from the Gaza strip and Lebanon.
Challenge to Change began an exciting journey last year to expand our reach to more philanthropists, advocates, and beneficiaries. I am thrilled to announce that we have completed major milestones on that path:
- We empowered over 600 beneficiaries to date and aim to support 2000 women in 2018. We aim to achieve this by expanding existing programs and introducing three new programs that offer work-readiness, employability and entrepreneurship support.
- We started out in Palestine (Gaza and Rafah) at the beginning of the year and soon expanded to Lebanon (the Burj Al Barajneh Refugee camp, Beirut, Sidon, Tyre, and Tripoli). Next year, we plan to expand to other refugee camps, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
- We launched 4 mentoring and support programs; the Big Sister/Little Sister program, the Group Mentoring program, the Peer Mentoring program, and the Graciela Women Circle groups. Our beneficiaries in Gaza are also supported through the Group Focusing Program, delivered by focusing specialists from the Palestine Trauma Center.
- We successfully conducted 6 capacity building and networking events as well as 18 webinar sessions.
- We built an impressive and growing network of prominent partners and financial contributors.
- We launched our new website and invested in back-end technology capabilities to increase our interactivity with our beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- We will have our first financial audit at the beginning of next year and will be producing our first annual report, which we look forward to sharing with you.
We have come a long way since our inception 3 years ago. I am personally proud and touched to see our impact on the lives of the women we support. Our success stories are concrete and measurable. (For stories about our impact, please click here)
Women in the Middle East need our support to overcome the social, emotional, and psychological barriers from within that prevent them from being who they want to be and to realize their true potential. Please help us make a difference and support our quest!
I would like to wish you and your loved ones a peaceful and happy holiday season and all the very best for 2018! May it bring you happiness, health, peace and prosperity.
With my deepest respect,
Founder and President
Challenge to Change